End-of-line packaging machine for automatic full overwrapping of bundles
The Overwrapper EW 60 automatically packages single and multiple bundles in a heat-sealable film. As any subsequent tampering with the sealed article is immediately recognizable, overwrapped bundles are particularly tamper-evident. An integrated servomotor controls the fully automatic film feed with high precision. The SmartControl operating system allows intuitive and comprehensible operation of the EW 60. It also assists the user during format and film changeovers, which are completed quickly on account of the small number of plug-in format parts. The clear-cut design of the EW 60 allows the user good access and optimum ease of use.
The Overwrapper EW 60 stands for excellent product safety. A Track & Trace solution can be integrated into the machine to enable tracking of the sealed bundles. One option, for instance, is the embossing and printing on the sides where the film is sealed.
Handling cartons up to 250 mm in width, the Overwrapper EW 60 attains a maximum infeed of 500 cartons per minute and a maximum output of 60 bundles per minute.
Designed for downstream connection to an Uhlmann cartoner, the Overwrapper EW 60 can be seamlessly integrated into the complete line. In addition to the Overwrapper EW 60, “Uhlmann powered by pester pac automation” stands for three other end-of-line packaging machines: a stretch-banding machine, a case packer, and a combined unit comprising a case packer and a palletizing module. Their pharmaceutical safety, GMP-compliant machine design, and reliability ensure full integration into an Uhlmann line.
Convincing quality and safety
A variety of safety and warning features contribute to the reliability of the Overwrapper EW 60. For instance, material monitoring triggers different warnings before production comes to a halt.
The jam control and an integrated overload monitoring function additionally increase the reliability, and ensure uninterrupted production.
The benefits of the Overwrapper EW 60 at a glance:
- Tamper-evident: The full wrapping of cartons in heat-sealable film is particularly effective against tampering. Every form of subsequent interference is immediately obvious.
- Accurate: The servomotor regulates film feeding for added precision and quality.
- Efficient: Fast and easy format and reel changeovers improve the overall output of the EW 60.Safety and quality thanks to film tightening function and tear control
- Flexible: Frequency and servo-driven conveyors offer maximum flexibility in pharmaceutical packaging. Multi-lane bundles can also be handled.
- Safe: Extensive safety and warning devices, e.g., jam and overload monitoring, stand for uninterrupted production.
- Integrated: As the overwrapper is designed for downstream connection to an Uhlmann cartoner, it is part of a GMP-compliant, end-to-end production process.
- Ergonomic: The easy-to-clean cantilever design gives the user a clear overview and good accessibility.
- User-friendly: The SmartControl operating system ensures intuitive and comprehensible operation of the EW 60.